Birds of a Feather Starve Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birds of a Feather Starve TogetherLog in

18+ ED Forum / Blog Site

pollShould I walk at work or wait till I get home??

Work!
0%
Home!
75%
Don’t walk, do a different exercise!
25%
Total Votes:

descriptionWalking is so Awkward! EmptyWalking is so Awkward!

more_horiz
Idk what it is but walking is SO SCARY

It just feels so intimidating and awkward Embarassed

How do you find courage/motivation to walk/exercise?

Should I go on a walk at work today  bounce  bounce

I technically have a 1/2 hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks but I never take them because it just feels awkward!!  elephant

Please Advise!

descriptionWalking is so Awkward! EmptyRe: Walking is so Awkward!

more_horiz
tbh if you have the chance to take your breaks then go for it, as im sure the majority of your colleagues do as well! i live in a p rural area n have to walk on the inhabited streets so it can be awkward if i pass ppl but usually i just hve headphones in so i can get away w smiling and nodding as i walk past :p i also walk at quieter times of teh day like early morning or when the sun is juuusssstt starting to set. if you feel better walking at home and can do more then go for it, but you are given your breaks at work for a reason and should take them even if they arent for walking!!

more_horiz
definitely take your breaks at work even if you don't walk during them!! no reason to do unpaid work lol. personally I walk on a walking pad every night for and hour or two. I put it right in front of my tv and just watch cringe reality shows that make the time fly. I very rarely have the motivation to exercise tbf but I find that once I start, it's easier to keep going, if that makes sense. find something that you can do on your phone (read, watch, listen, etc.) and just go for it!! no one is going to judge you for walking around, especially if you're outside.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply