Birds of a Feather Starve Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birds of a Feather Starve TogetherLog in

18+ ED Forum / Blog Site

descriptionLonglegs was actually a masterpiece, everyone else is just horror-rot-pilled  EmptyRe: Longlegs was actually a masterpiece, everyone else is just horror-rot-pilled

more_horiz
i'm terrified of horror but the marketing for this movie is so well done i might have to go watch it...

descriptionLonglegs was actually a masterpiece, everyone else is just horror-rot-pilled  EmptyLonglegs was actually a masterpiece, everyone else is just horror-rot-pilled

more_horiz
OKAY I saw Longlegs in theater the day before it came out and I. Fucking. Loved. It.

The cinematography is actually so fucking gorgeous, every scene feels creepy and moody and bleak. The attention to detail to nail that late 80s early 90s aesthetic was EVERYTHING, by the way.

But I am annoyed because a lot of people felt it was overhyped and I get that, but I think it was hyped up too much to the wrong audience. Horror is an insanely diverse genre and can fluctuate from slashers, to creature features, to movies like Longlegs: quiet horror. The point of this genre is that the horror isn't all in your face, it's in the details that you have to think about, and its in the environment and the characters and their interactions. You can't go into a film like Longlegs expecting a Silence of the Lambs, Nightmare on Elm Street, or Poltergeist experience. You're just going to be disappointed every time. The point is that the suspense is always there but the scene in question might not have a crescendo or peak. Every part of this movie is unsettling and it was GREAT.

Anyways im done yapping now, thankiesss
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply