✧・゚: *✧・゚:* my fave things to do instead of eating *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
1. going to the library.
either to read, write, do homework, or literally just to sit and watch a show. it makes it so i'm not at home and won't be tempted to eat, and i just tell my parents / boyfriend i got some food there (which i never do). i can easily spend 10 hours a day at the library.
2. going for a walk.
this one is pretty obvious, but with walking you get a two-for-one deal! you burn some calories and while you're walking you can reflect on why you shouldn't eat. don't go back home until you're confident you won't eat!
3. journaling.
i have an ed-journal (which is super cringey i know) on my ipad, and whenever i wanna eat i just write in that. i write reasons why i wanna lose weight, reasons why i shouldn't eat, and maybe my favorite: manifesting. i will write the same sentence over and over and over, sometimes 100+ times. things like 'i am stronger than my hunger' and 'i am always in control'.
4. arts or crafts of any kind.
crocheting, knitting, drawing, painting, photography, poetry, whatever kind of arts or crafts you enjoy, just create something!
5. reading.
lots of people will say 'watch a show' but for me that just doesn't stimulate me enough to keep me from eating (i have adhd). when i read books, its something i'm holding and i'm actively engaging in the story. read something you know will keep you interested!
6. cleaning.
my room is always a mess, but even if yours is not, i'm sure there's always something to clean. maybe not in your room, but when is the last time you sorted thru all of your makeup or hair products? when is the last time you cleaned the bathroom sink and floor? when is the last time you reorganised your closet to see which clothes you can donate and which clothes you wanna keep?
7. re-organise your phone.
kind of in the same realm as cleaning, when is the last time you sorted thru your phone contacts? maybe you can give your homescreen and lockscreen a new aesthetic! delete apps you don't need anymore, look up new wallpapers and widgets on pinterest, etc.
8. research an obscure topic.
this might be because of my adhd, but when i find an odd obscure topic to research i can fully dive into it. a few suggestions (beware my taste in this stuff might be a bit dark or weird):
- plate tectonics
- the death of hisashi ouchi
- the philadelphia experiment
- the dyatlov pass incident
- cicada 3301
- the tunguska event
- my fave conspiracy theories: the existance of agartha or atlantis, the phantom time hypothesis, operation northwoods, watergate, 9/11, mkultra etc.
disclaimer: i don't necessarily believe in all of these theories but i think they're interesting

9. alternatively to researching: watch ted talks or video essays.
here are some of my favorites:
by my comfort youtuber: wendigoon
the complete conspiracy theory iceberg (9.5 hour video)
the internets favorite terrorist
the man who stepped off the earth
dante's inferno: explained
mystery flesh pit national park
the monsters beneath us

by other creators:
roasting dear evan hansen
you're not sexually liberated, you're 16.
i read onision's first book
i read onision's second book
i read onision's third book
industry plants: the tramp stamps

i love video essays so you can always msg me for more!
10. make random lists!
i have a notebook in which i just write random little lists. every movie i've seen, every show i've seen, every book i've read, every movie/show/book i want to see/read, places you've visited, concerts you've been to, songs you love, quotes you remember, your favorite scents, historical figures you love, whatever you want!! it'll keep you occupied Smile)

that's it for now lovelies <3

Last edited by messybrained on Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wasn't done yet and accidentally posted)